El Monte Car Accident Lawyers
Interstate 10 – also known as I-10 and The 10 - is a major highway that runs through the center of El Monte, a city located in the San Gabriel Valley. Interstate 10 runs all the way to Arizona and connects to various freeways and junctions such as 1-405, I-15, US 95, SR 60 and SR 210.
Interstate10 was actually the first freeway in the Los Angeles area. It was built in 1933, with extensions added in 1957. An earthquake caused parts of Interstate 10 to collapse in 1994. It was rebuilt with a new and improved design that would make it resistant to future seismic activity.
Unfortunately, car accidents are common in the area due to the population. With over 10 million people living in Los Angeles County, traffic jams are a common occurrence, especially during the morning and afternoon/evening commutes. With so many cars on the freeways at the same time, accidents are inevitable. In fact, 533 people were injured or killed in car accidents in Los Angeles County in 2013. Of these, 56 were speed-related and 49 involved alcohol. Bicyclists accounted for 69 of these accidents and pedestrians were involved in 41 of them.
If you or a loved one was involved in a serious car crash, there are legal remedies available. The experienced and helpful car accident lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen, LLP can help you with your case and make sure you get the compensation you deserve for your El Monte car accident.
How Can I Avoid a Car Accident?
Nobody wants to be in a car crash, and fortunately there are things you can do to reduce the likelihood of being involved in one.
- Be aware of the area ahead of you. Constantly scan the road in front of you and be on the lookout for potential hazards that can lead to accidents. Don’t just look at the car in front of you. Look all over the road for distracted drivers, animals, branches, debris, potholes and other things that can cause a crash.
- Check for blind spots before making a lane change. Don’t slowly rely on your mirrors. They can help, but they won’t catch everything. Along the same line, stay out of the blind spots of large trucks. Semi trucks have huge blind spots. If you can’t see their mirrors, they can’t see you, so if you must drive alongside one, do it quickly. If you linger too long, you could become a fatality should the truck decide to change lanes.
- Avoid the left lane. That’s where most highway accidents occur. Drivers in a hurry have no problem taking the fast lane, but the problem is that in the event of an emergency, there’s little room to escape. Those in the center or right lanes can easily change lanes to get off the roadway.
- Be extra cautious in parking lots. Pedestrians, especially children, may not see you backing up, or may dart in front of you while you’re scanning the lot for a parking space. Take your time when parking and leaving. Drive at or below the speed limit and don’t be in a hurry.
- Keep your vehicle maintained. If your tires are bald or if your brakes are acting, you’re more likely to be involved in an accident. Get new tires when the tread wears out and properly maintain your vehicle at its recommended service intervals.
- Stay off the phone. Distractions account for a large percentage of accidents. Use Bluetooth if you must make a phone call, and definitely don’t text. Your focus should be on the roadway.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Car accidents can be complicated, and insurance companies will likely take their time processing your claim, especially if they owe you money. A lawyer can help expedite the process as well as negotiate a fair settlement with the other party. We can help you understand what your case is worth. Instead of walking away with nothing, we’ll fight for your right to compensation based on the damages you suffered from the El Monte car accident.
Know Your Legal Rights
Sometimes car crashes are unavoidable, no matter how safe you drive. You never know when you might be involved in an accident, so it helps to be prepared. If you’ve never been involved in a car accident before, you may not be knowledgeable about the process. You may be scared and unsure what your next steps should be. Get advice from the car accident lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen, LLP. We have decades of experience dealing with all types of car accidents.
If you or a loved one was seriously injured or even killed in an El Monte car accident, call us first. We’ll help preserve your legal rights. Contact Nadrich & Cohen, LLP immediately at 1-800-718-4658 for immediate review of your accident case.