Palmdale Car Accident Attorney
People who experience car accidents often remark how quickly everything happens. There generally is little or no forewarning, and in a single moment a person’s life may be altered forever. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, it is important that you work with an experienced car accident attorney to ensure that your right to compensation is preserved. The personal injury lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen, LLP have decades of success representing clients in car accident claims.
The injuries a car accident victim may suffer, range from mild to very serious. Whiplash and soft tissue injuries are common. What is important to note about these injuries is that even though they are usually considered relatively minor, they can cause significant pain and distress to the injured party. Among the more serious injuries are back and neck damage, paralysis, concussions, head injuries, broken bones, and brain damage.
Factors which Contribute to Automobile Crashes
Car accidents result from a great number of factors. While it would be impossible to list all the potential ways in which a person may be injured in a car crash here, the following are some of the most common:
- Improper/poor maintenance of the vehicle: A driver may fail to maintain an automobile adequately. Faulty alignment, for instance, can cause a car to swerve in lanes when the brakes are applied, leading to a crash.
- Road conditions and inclement weather: A pothole or debris in the roadway that is not repaired can be a hazard, and the responsible entity may be held liable.
- Speeding: Studies clearly show that the faster a car is moving, the greater the potential there is for the driver to lose control and crash. With increased speed more serious injuries also are likely.
- Driving while intoxicated: A driver who has been drinking or using drugs is a hazard to others and himself. Remember that prescription drugs can be every bit as dangerous as illegal substances when the driver gets behind the wheel.
- Driver distraction: This factor receives a great deal of attention these days and for good reason; a distracted driver can bring serious harm to innocent passengers or pedestrians. There are many forms of driver distraction, but some of the more common are eating/drinking, smoking, talking with passengers, listening to loud music, and texting/talking on a cellphone.
National and Local Accident Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration issues an annual report which enumerates the accidents and injuries reported over a twelve month period. In 2012 9,754,000 vehicular accidents were reported by law enforcement nationwide. Of these all but 4% involved cars and other passenger vehicles weighing less than five tons. 45,586 fatalities and 2.09 million injuries resulted from these accidents. The City of Palmdale reports that in 2011 ten individuals were killed in car crashes, one of which died at the hands of a drunk driver.
Work with an Attorney if You Have Been Injured
A personal injury attorney has the knowledge and experience necessary to battle an insurance company that is unwilling to settle fairly. The car accident attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen, LLP have been successfully representing injured car accident clients for over two decades. Call us today at (661) 463-1711 for a free consultation.
Driving Directions To Our Office:
If you are driving to our office from the South, take CA-14 North/Antelope Valley Freeway North via Exit 162 in the direction of Palmdale/Lancaster. Exit at Rancho Vista Blvd., Exit 37 and drive for 0.2 miles. You will be making a slight left onto W. Rancho Vista Blvd., after which you will drive another 2.4 miles and then turn left onto 30th Street West. Almost immediately after you turn you will make a right turn onto Twincreek Ave. This is just past Baimitz Ave. Then you will drive approximately half a mile, then turn left onto Chalfont Ln. Take an immediate right onto Davon Way. If you reach Dearborn you have passed your turn. Turn right onto Beacon Ln. and then drive .2 miles to W. Avenue M14. If you are taking the bus, use the Antelope Valley Transit Authority bus Route 1 to get to our office. The Red Lobster restaurant is half a mile away.